Open Space at the Modern RE 2017
We offer an Open Space with the topic "State of the art in agile requirements management" on September 19, 2017.
Did you already ask yourself one of those questions?
- What is the most relevant difference between agile and classic Requirements Engineering?
- What are the essential advantages of agile Requirements Engineering?
- Which sampling technique is the most successful from your point of view?
- Where does it make sense to mix classic and agile Requirements Engineering?
- Are there any projects where you would say agile Requirements Engineering isn't successful?
- Is the product owner the successor of the classic requirements manager?
- With which tools did you have good experiences in agile Requirements Engineering?
- Where are the biggest barriers in companies that prevent the use of agile Requirements Engineering?
Take part at a big round table and settle those questions in a round of like-minded people and experts.
Open Space Technology is an approach to purpose-driven leadership, including a way for hosting meetings, conflict minded peacebuilding, conferences, corporate-style retreats, symposiums, and community summit events, focused on a specific and important purpose or task — but beginning without any formal agenda, beyond the overall purpose or theme.
Because the agenda of an Open Space meeting is emergent, it is impossible to know exactly what is going to be addressed during the meeting. That said, there are several important outcomes that always happen, because they are specifically built into the process, and some other outcomes that can be built in:
- All of the issues that are most important to those attending will be raised and included in the agenda.
- All of the issues raised will be addressed by the participants best capable of getting something done about them.
- All of the most important ideas, recommendations, discussions, and next steps will be documented in a report.
- When the purpose requires, and time is allowed for it, the group can prioritize the issues addressed in the report.
- When the purpose requires, and time is allowed for it, the group can draft action plans for the highest priority issues.
Good documentation design is vital for ideas, recommendations, discussions, and next steps, it is part of the pre-work to make a good design.